1. All types of talent is welcome - anything not acceptable to a family audience is prohibited. Fire and weapons are also prohibited.
2. All applicants must be residents, students of the KSD OR employees within the city of Kent, WA. Participants & winners from 2012 are able to participate in 2013's competition.
3.There are three age categories: Youth 12 yrs and younger, Teen 13-19 yrs old and Adult 20 yrs and up. Ages are determined as of the day of the Preliminary competitions on May 12th. Ages of a group will be averaged. (So you think KENT has talent to change/combine the age categories based on the amount of talent entries.)
4. Judges are important community leaders and/or supporters of the arts community. Judging Criteria will be a point system based on Quality of Content, Presentation and Overall Entertainment Value. Business sponsors of this event will NOT be involved in the judging of the competition.
5. Each act has a time limit of 4 minutes with 1 minute of set up time allowed.
6. Prizes are large cash awards sponsored by local busniesses and will be presented to the winner of each age division and the Grand Prize award of $1,000 going to the overall winner. Other special prizes will also be presented.
7. All participants will need to qualify in the Preliminary competition on May 11th. 5 acts in each age division will be chosen to perform on May 21st. (Dress Rehearsal on 6/2 begins at 11am) If chosen, contestants must perform the same act of which they auditioned with.
8. Winners of the competition will need to be available for interviews and press events. They will also be expected to participate in Kent International Festival
Kent's 4th of July Splash (7/4) &
Kent Cornucopia Days by performing on the community stage as well as representing 'So you think KENT has talent' in the parade as a celebration of their victory!
9. This event is sponsored by local businesses and all proceeds will benefit Kent Youth and Family Services.
10. Please fill out the registration form and submit by May 4th. You will be contacted to determine the time of your prelminary compeition on May 6th.